Spike Your 5 Favorite Virgin Summer Drinks
July 23, 2020
① ARNOLD PALMER
Captain Palmer Cocktail
- 3 ounces brewed tea
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 to 2 ounces Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1/2 ounce freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients, except the lemon wedge, in a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with the lemon wedge and enjoy.
② SHIRLEY TEMPLE
- 2.5 oz of Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 0.25 oz grenadine syrup
- 3 oz ginger beer
- Garnish with lime, maraschino cherries or Ole Smoky Cherries
- Place all ingredients (except ginger beer) into a cocktail shaker and add large ice. Shake cocktail shaker vigorously. Add ginger beer and roll the cocktail shaker once. Taste for balance, adding more lime if you prefer.
- Strain over fresh ice. Garnish with, maraschino cherries or brandy-soaked cherries for a more adult taste.
③ ROOT BEER FLOAT
Kahlúa French Vanilla Root Beer Float
- 2 parts Kahlúa French Vanilla
- 3 parts chilled root beer
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- sweetened condensed milk, optional
- chocolate sprinkles, optional
- Mix together Kahlúa French Vanilla and your favorite brand of root beer in a mug.
- Add one large scoop vanilla ice cream and stir.
- For a fun garnish, try dipping the rim of your mug in sweetened condensed milk and then in chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve with a straw.
Spiked Pink Lemonade: on Wednesdays, we drink pink
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup raspberries
- Four 3-inch pieces lemon zest
- 2 mint sprigs
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Hanson Meyer Lemon Vodka
- Ice, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of the water with the sugar, raspberries, lemon zest, mint and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar has dissolved and the raspberries have broken apart, 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely, then strain into a pitcher.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of water, the lemon juice, vodka and ice. Stir until well chilled, then serve.
⑤ FRUIT PUNCH
Rainbow Sherbet Punch Recipe
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 can limeade concentrate thawed
- 1 can pink lemonade concentrate thawed
- 5 cups lemon lime soda
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/3 cup Smirnoff Raspberry
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberry slices
- 8-10 scoops rainbow sherbet
- In a large punch bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, limeade and pink lemonade concentrate. Next stir in lemon lime soda and confectioner’s sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in Smirnoff Raspberry until everything mixes together.
- Toss in fresh raspberries, pineapple chunks, and strawberry slices.
- Lastly add scoops of rainbow sherbet to punch and serve immediately.
⑥ ICED COFFEE
Dublin Iced Coffee
- 4 oz. brewed espresso, chilled
- 2 1/2 oz. Guinness Draught
- 2 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- frozen whipped topping, thawed, for garnish
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Combine espresso, Guinness and simple syrup in an ice-filled 12-oz. glass. Carefully pour Irish cream over top. Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.